A potent truth

A potent truth

Monday, April 20, 2009

Webcams,potential new blogs, and poetic wackiness.

So I spent today trying to get all of my online communication tools functioning. I now have a webcam set up, yet another instant messenger going, and skype all in the name of staying in touch with my hubby while he is so far away. His internet connection sucked today though so the whole webcam thing didn't work too well, but I could hear his voice and talk to him even if I could only occasionally see him, so that is beyond worth it. Hopefully things will get better. I think I am going to start a separate blog for this sort of thing. There is going to be a lot to tell over the next 12 months or so.
I am also thinking of starting a blog to dedicate solely to other poets that I like. I had been thinking about doing this, but when April made the suggestion I figured it must be a sign and I should get on that. So I have a few things in the works right now and I've got to get them organized. I probably won't start the poetry one until the first of May just because that seems a logical place to start. As for the other Jacob/deployment related one... I don't know. I won't make a definite statement right now.
On to the wackiness that is my poem for today. I don't really know what to say about it. I know in my head what I am trying to convey, but I have no idea how to communicate that to you. It is a little confusing. Even the poem itself is a little confusing. Let me know if you like it though. Even if you don't really get it I would love to know if you at least enjoyed reading it.

Cool Fire; Alive

Glass of wine before me,
Light before my eyes,
Sounds of songs make me high.

The world keeps spinnin' 'round,
My feet still on the ground.
My soul reaches out for you.

It will reach you, though far away.
I will merge mine with yours,
Soothe the emptiness inside.

I will scorch you with my love,
Its intensity more than can be contained.
Its burn hotter than any flame.

My love will soothe the burn,
Bring serenity back to your insides.
It makes us feel so alive.

The burning, the cooling, comfort to find.
I live with that same cooling heat.
It guts my insides, killing, keeping me alive.

There is room for none but this.
Without it I might not exist.
I am keeping us both alive,
You too burn my insides.
-Constance

6 comments:

April said...

Cool poem. If I may make a suggestion on the 'jacob blog', I think you could just chronicle your life and keep it updated(a few times a week if not daily) with possibly some of your poetry that is Jacob related, your thoughts on deployment related things like being away from him and how those things effect yours and Caleb's life, and of course with pictures that you take and ones that Jacob takes too while there.Everyone wants to know how he is doing, how you are doing, and just HOW IN THE WORLD you keep it together as well as you do. I think it would be incredibly inspirational to other military wives.

Constance said...

Thanks! That is a suggestion that sounds much better than my original idea. It requires a lot less work. (sort of) That sounds like a plan for me so thanks for that too! I always knew you were a fabulous sister-in-law!

Mimi said...

Hi Constance: I read April's blog all the time and decided to check in on yours today. First of all thank you for you & your husband's service to our freedom.
Second, my sister just went through a 15-month deployment with her husband and did a daily blog to journal the time apart, some days posts silly others very emotion but it kept others up to date on the process and allowed her an outlet.

Take care -- you're in my thoughts and prayers

Constance said...

Thanks Mimi! I kept a journal during Jacob's last deployment and he actually read it later. I kind of like the idea of a blog to journal better. I've just got to come to a decision one way or the other. lol!
Thank you too for the prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

Mandi said...

Technology can be a bit overwhelming at times, but isn't it great that soldiers can keep in touch with their families so well today? In WWII, the wife was lucky to get a letter every week or so.

I think a personal blog with updates on Jacob would be wonderful! I'll follow it. And I love the poem. :-)

Constance said...

Yes technology and I have a love/hate relationship. I remember my mom telling me about getting excited when she would get a letter from my dad when he was gone and he called like twice and it was insanely expensive. This was just in the 80's! I am fully aware of how fortunate we are. It's just a bit of a curse too! lol!
As for the blog I think I'm gonna put up a poll and take it from there! I'm glad you like the poem!!!