A potent truth

A potent truth

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For your children.

What wouldn't we do for our children? I know that I would do a whole lot for my little one and I know many other parents who feel the same. I've been trying to figure out where to go with the first stanza of this poem for over a month. I knew where I wanted it to go, but I couldn't find the words. I mean this is about protecting your child as much as possible and at the same time letting them go when you must and hoping they will be all that they were meant to and learn to live up to all of their potential. I suppose there are other angles you could take on this, but I wrote it as a mother to her child. Feel free to take it how you see it though. It never says anything specific about mother or child. I do hope that you enjoy it though.

To Fly. To Soar.

You are stalked by sin.

Danger wants to win.

Looking over your shoulder

Lurking things there in secrets and lies.

Light illuminating the strands that tie

Soul to body, body to earth.


I’ll be the shield against the temptation.

Be the danger that danger fears.

Reveal the secrets and lie's secrets.

Cut the strings that tie you down.

Free you from stony ground.

Watch your flight begin.


Watch you fly out to the sky.

Show the world your soul.

Illuminate the shadows with your smile.

Vanquish your enemies with light.

Become all that you were meant to.

Grow into the gifts given you.

Don’t just learn to fly so high.

I hope someday you soar.

-Constance


2 comments:

Constance said...

Okay everybody, this was supposed to be in three stanzas! I have tried to fix it three times and after I fix it and save everything, I come look at my page and find everything smooshed together again! Anyway, the reason I tell you this is because I mentioned at the beginning that I've had the first stanza for months and now you have no idea where the first stanza stops. It is the first 6 lines! Again, sorry and thanks for reading!

Constance said...

Well, disregard that first comment! I fixed it!!!