A potent truth

A potent truth

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Responsibility.

I am incredibly sick of people running around doing things for themselves, giving no thought to the consequences that may result from them. Then, when faced with consequences, choose to point fingers or pawn off their involvement! Grow up people! You are not the only person on the planet to be set upon by difficulties, strife, or woe of some sort. This does not excuse you from taking responsibility for any harm you may cause to those around you.
I am by no means saying that one cannot seek redemption and forgiveness, in fact, please do! I encourage everyone to apologize and strive to do better. I too, try to do this. I by no means always succeed in doing so, but I do try. We should all reach for improvement of our characters, shouldn't we?
So, this poem if for the selfish, who go about hurting others and taking no responsibility for it. Get it together or just leave others out of your messy, "me me me" life.

The air around you
Reeks of selfishness,
Thoughtlessness.
Look around you.
So many hurts,
Broken hearts,
Beating in broken eyes.

Reach inside yourself
Touch your own humanity,
Thoughtfulness.
Reach our and touch
Mend those souls.
Go where your sins go.

Responsibility,
Take some-
Have some-
Or leave us all alone.
-Constance

There I have done a little venting. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you didn't maybe next time!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Nice! Welcome back to the blogging world! I recently started back myself. I look forward to reading your musings. :-)

Constance said...

Thanks Mandi!

Constance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.