A potent truth

A potent truth

Friday, November 1, 2013

Shame

I haven't really got a lot to say about this poem. It is fairly self-explanatory. I selected this from several pieces I've written over the week. Why this one you may ask? It touches on some pet peeves of mine dealing in mass hypocrisy and the rabid propagation that the general public swallows and accepts via the media and schools. No one is safe if they don't collect facts and think about things objectively! Yet, it becomes obvious quickly that most don't partake in critical thought. *le sigh. I've gone off on a soap box. Pardon me.
On with the poetry. Love it? Hate it?  Want to argue the point? Ok. I hope you enjoy the writing in either case, even if the content is less than pleasing.


Shame

Shades of ignorance
Painted far and wide.
Cathedrals of learning,
Where it all hides.
Bountiful knowledge,
Wasted on stagnant minds.

Think on your own,
Lest you fall behind.
Swallowed by hordes
Claiming to be "your kind."
All the same ideals,
Thinking themselves diversified.

Minority thinking to
Majority thinking.
The old now spurned.
The new now crucifying.
Your superiority
Turned hypocrisy.

Shame.
-Constance

2 comments:

April said...

awesomesauce :-)

Mandi said...

I like it, and I agree.