A potent truth

A potent truth

Thursday, January 9, 2014

First post of 2014, FINALLY!

So, this is much later than I had anticipated posting. My new year so far has been, trying. My eldest son finally got to go back to school today though. I was beginning to think that between the abysmal weather and on again off again water issues throughout the county he would never return. He was beginning to believe it too, and was none too pleased about it. Hopefully there will be no more arctic weather invading and things can return to some modicum of normalcy.
Last weekend I spent Saturday evening with my lovely sister-in-law, April, celebrating her birthday and watching Sherlock, again. (We have watched it too much I think.) I also asked her to choose for me between two poems I wrote a couple of months ago. The following is the one she chose.
It is a perfectly self explanatory piece, so I won't waste time going on about the foibles of man and blindness of the powerful. I hope you enjoy it!

It, I believe,
Is the nature
Of man
To destroy,
To create,
To govern,
To revolt,
To love,
To hate.

However, I see,
Not conflict,
But creative chaos.
A connected purpose.
Merely working
In opposing cycles.
Impeding the other
In their perceived goals,
Convinced of their own sainthood.
Never listening to
The quiet hurt
Of the ones they claim
To champion.

Look, listen,
Then-
Speak.

-Constance

There you go! Happy belated New Year! May it be blessed and joyful.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Happy new year to you, too! I love reading your poetry. Keep it coming. :-)