A potent truth

A potent truth

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Freedom...

So, it has been a while. I have been writing still, I just haven't written anything that I felt was worth sharing. I am posting this particular poem because I felt I had finally written something worth posting. Sorry for taking so long to come up with something. I know you may have enjoyed some of the other stuff I have written, but I am rather critical of my own work so I don't put up a lot of my stuff.
I came up with the first lines of this poem after I caught a random line in a song that said "cold walk of freedom." I stopped reading my book and immediately wondered what in the world a cold walk of freedom would be. Of course, this set off a spark that had to go somewhere and this is it. I am not sure that everyone will understand what I am saying, but I am fairly confident that it is something most people can relate to. The allure of freedom from the ties of home and family, of lack of responsibility and commitment, but I am certain it would be a lonely sort of freedom and hardly worth it. I have had a small taste of this at one point and I didn't like it then and am sure I wouldn't like it now. Like I said I am not sure if everyone will relate to this, but I think maybe they can at least in a vague way.

Deceptive Freedom

A walk of freedom

So many want it.

A cold walk I say.

Alone against the day.

Cold freedom you see.

A lonely walk .

Leaves you empty.

What is the point of it?

Pursuit of triviality.

I like my world.

My life of captivity.

My love a freeing thing.

It has wings you cannot see.

So many roam.

Far, far from home.

Loneliness comes stealing in

The freedom acquired

Not what it seemed

When at the start did begin.

-Constance


3 comments:

April said...

nice!

Mandi said...

Okay. I am going to cancel my plans to run away from home. I really was contemplating it this morning. ;-)

Constance said...

lol! You would come home before the day was over!