A potent truth

A potent truth

Saturday, June 27, 2009

A little summer piece.

I was feeling the summertime niceness today, before I started sweating and Louis stopped playing, and I wrote a nice positive summer poem. I don't usually extol the virtues of summer because I generally don't care for it. It is hot and sticky and I'd rather it be spring or fall. Still I was appreciating it this morning and I appreciate the fabulousness that is night in the summer too. No blazing sun to cook your insides and fry your skin off. Anyway, this one is fairly simple and I am rather fond of it. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Sanguine Summer

Heavy, warm air
Shifting lazily through trees,
Propelled by a fragrant summer breeze.

Dreams flit by.
Daydreams spawned by time.
Silent pictures; mental mime.

Flowery blossoms wave.
Leafy branches bend and sway,
Dance in pleasure on a warm summer day.
-Constance

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm glad you found a little love for summer! I love nighttime during summer too. Such a relief from the blazing hot days.

Constance said...

Yes, I did find a little love for it and I am glad I did. It is hard to go through a season when you can't find something to love about it. Now I have it.