A potent truth

A potent truth

Friday, April 3, 2009

So sorry!

So sorry that I haven't posted in so long. I have got to get on the ball here! There is really no excuse for not posting every day. I have two books full of this stuff and I have been slacking. While my sister was here last night she was looking through them and found one she liked. I myself am not all that fond of it, but then again, I asked what she liked didn't I?
I wrote this one about six years ago so it is definately different from the poetry that I write now. I like to think that I have gotten better since then and that my style is a little better. I will leave that to all of you and just post it now. I will try to get back on track and post more often, although that may be difficult with the very busy weekend I have ahead of me.

Burning eyes, bleary walls,
Exhausted body, contorted halls.

My mind sings for sleep,
My heart won't miss a beat.

I need to see your face again,
So that I can recieve a healing hand.

All last night I slept not a wink,
I simply lay there and think.

I saw your pleasant masculine face,
gazing at me from a wild blue place.

A breezy, sauntering kentucky sky,
Meeting grass of amber and white.

Wild country with passions unleashed,
Sing-song longing all whistling and pieced.

A dream of you with perfect element,
I stood as a woman with feet in cement.

My heart cried for you so far away,
But I know you will be back today.

The passionate blue, amber, and white,
Will warm me in your eyes light.

I will be revived again from half-sleep,
and nights sleep my soul will keep.
-Constance

Really not my best, but please remeber this was a whopping six years ago. (yes, there is a date on this one.)

3 comments:

April said...

I love it! I have told you before that I suck at interpreting poetry, so I don't really ever 'get' much poetry, but I sure do think it sounds purdy ;-)

Also, when I read the second line, I read it as contorted balls. I need a nap or something. And I come to your blog and click next through the playlist to hear the remix of requiem for a dream. I LOVE it, it gets me pumped!

Mandi said...

I'm like April. I understand poetry perfectly well after someone has explained it to me.
I can honestly tell that you have grown in your poetry since you wrote this one. It is still good, just not what I'm accustomed to from you.

Constance said...

Thank you! I'm glad you both like it! I'm also glad to hear that someone else thinks that I've grown in my poetic styling. It would be sad if I hadn't grown in six years!