A potent truth

A potent truth

Monday, March 9, 2009

Dawn

I watched the sun come up this morning, which is a pretty big deal really, since it requires you to be awake for it and Caleb was still sleeping. Still, I was awake so I watched the sun come up. I don't usually wax sentimental about dawn, I am an sunset kind of girl or even better a moonlight lover. The sunrise was just so beautiful this morning though. So, while sitting on the front porch and sipping a cup of tea I wrote this. I am not completely happy with it because I didn't quite acheive the effect I was going for and I couldn't get my brain to come up with words befitting the glory of it all. I am reasonable happy with it anyway and I hope you all enjoy it! May you have a wonderful and very blessed day!

Incredible Dawn

The sun peeks over the horizon
Chasing away the grey predawn hues.
Dawn's brilliant pinks and purples,
Slicing through to start the day.

Radiant light warms my face
And fills the cockles of my heart
With its warmth and light
Chasing away the dark of night.

Beauty and magnificence all around,
Leaves me in awe of God's artistry.
-Constance

4 comments:

Jess said...

What a way to spend the morning and I like the poem, very fitting. Have a wonderful day, I love ya!

Mandi said...

Awesome! I hope that was the beginning of a wonderful day for you. :-)

April said...

It's beautiful! I am rarely awake to see the sunrise, but when I am(and have time to enjoy it) I feel the same way!

Constance said...

Yeah it was pretty awesome and it seems to be a good way to start the day because I have been really energized and have had a great day. So far anyway.