A potent truth

A potent truth

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some more of my weirdness for you!

So I wrote this last night and once again I'm not sure where it came from. I wonder if this is what a fiction writer goes through. I was just listening to some music and had this pop into my head. It's a little dark and I'm not positive what exactly is going on. There is a very definate sense of some one reaping what they've sown though. That much I have picked up. Some one has done something evil and selfish and is paying the price. Whoever the speaker is has absolutely no pity for them, no forgiveness, and is a little bit gleeful about their fall. In any case I am posting it so I can share with you my poetic wackiness. Let me know what you think is going on. I would love some feedback and perspective on this.



Pagan; A Traitor

A sacrine sweet sound
Piercing the hazy fog,
Penetrating the smoke
Smoke surrounding my soul.

Sacrificed on a funeral pyre
Over pages so pagan.
Words spoken crumble
Ashes in a faithless mouth.

Ruthless control rendered in hands,
Hands so frigid and skeletal.
Embers glow in the black.
Ash rising to join the wind.

Bare bones charred
Exposed to the universe.
Time watches the torment,
Torture of an innocent soul.

Does your mind war within,
A battleground your inner self
Blood dripping from your soul?
No sympathy have I for your pain.

It is yours rightfully earned.
Bask in the blackness,
The suffocating evil of self.
A complete succumbing.

The wickedness overtakes you.
I name you faithless traitor,
Pagan demonstrator to humanity.
Drown in the waters your ways have wrought.
-Constance

4 comments:

April said...

soooo, what exactly were you listening to that inspired this?

Mandi said...

Was it Nick Cave?

Constance said...

No I was listening to this chick called Tarja Turunen. It's different. This does sound like something that would go well with a good Nick Cave song though doesn't it?

April said...

Yes it does! I thought the poem was cool either way ;-)