A potent truth

A potent truth

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm a sap!

For those of you who didn't know, my blog got all messed up when April and I attempted to make it all fancy. It's all fixed now and I am moving on. Well, it's all fixed in that I have a whole new one! Still, all of the things that were on the other blog are on this one and you can comment again. (Please)
Now, I didn't bother putting up a blog yesterday. I got home late and I just plain didn't feel like it. Today, however, I feel the need to make up for it. I love Valentine's day! I really do! I'm a sap in the worst kind of way. I like sappy chick-flicks that you need a box of tissue with and I love to read those, oh so cliche, poems and sonnets that most people just ignore. So to further entrench myself in the ranks of "great big saps are us" I will share a poem I wrote today. It is, you guessed it, a love poem of the corniest kind. I hope you all get a cavity from the sacarine sweetness of my mushy, love-drenched verse.

Everything

You are my everything.
A cliche it's true,
But everything I am
loves you.

You are my soul's mate.
My hearts truest song.
My minds refuge.
All of my dreams realized.

So we aren't a fairy tale,
All flowering romance,
And blazing sunsets.
We are love.

You are my everything.
-Constance

There you go. If you like it I am flattered. If you don't... well snicker away! lol!

5 comments:

April said...

You are sappy and sweet and I love it :-)

Jess said...

I am not really the sappy type, no shock there, I know. That being said, every once in a while I watch the chick flick, sappy songs, and have a streak of romance over take me. I loved your poem. I think it fits you and Jake so well. Love you and happy late Valentines Day

Constance said...

Thank you! I love ya'll too!

Mandi said...

If you are the world's sappiest person, I run a close second. Matt can talk me into watching any movie as long as a love-promise is made at the beginning, and the hero returns to his true love in the end. But chick flicks in movies and sonnets in poetry are my favorites.
And I love your sappy love poem!

Constance said...

Well, I'm glad I am not the only sappy sucker out there! lol!