A potent truth

A potent truth

Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Selection

I had no rhyme or reason for picking this particular poem today. I just went trough and decided that I like this one. It deals with truth and human nature and a little bit with sin. There are actually several things a person could read into this poem. Sin, Satan, truth, human nature, fear, denial or emotional avoidance. It just depends on the reader. I hope you like it. This one, like many of my poems, doesn't have a title. I have a hard time with those. I don't know why, but I can write a poem, no problem, but ask me to give it a title and my brain goes on vacation to la-la land.


Blazing tounges
Engulf humanity.
Passion red berries
Steal our sanity.

Cold snow
Freezes lost souls.
He pretends knowledge
To those who don't know.

And away in corner
Truth hides,
In a human shaped
Desolate bottle.

Alone, scared
Because he is
Not welcome.
Not what you wish to hear.

He may remind you,
Of your own scars.
That...
You most fear.
-Constance

5 comments:

April said...

I can comment on your blog.... beautiful poem dear!

Constance said...

Thanks!

April said...

Yahoo!

Mandi said...

Good, but it leaves me with a sense of vulnerability, and I am all about emotional avoidance. ;-)

Constance said...

Most people have problems with emotional avoidance. That's why therapists are never out of work! lol!