A potent truth

A potent truth

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Return

Wow! Two posts in one day! You should all be so proud of me. Earlier today I posted a poem written by Robert Burns because I had nothing of my own that fit the occasion. I did, however, promise that should I write something that did fit I would post it. Well, I've done it! It isn't exactly what I was going for, but I am still fairly pleased with it. Of course, most artist, even amatures like myself, are rarely truely pleased with their work. I think that is mostly because what you have in mind and what comes out rarely match. Still, I managed to write something so I am very pleased about that. I even managed to give it a title, which is also the title of this blog entry! I hope you all like it!

A Return

My heart leaps,
Joy is so immense.
The swell inside myself
Is far beyond intense.

To have you returned,
My love, my heart, my life,
The past weeks with loneliness,
Have been truely rife.

I know that time
Is but a fleeting thing
A small reprieve for us.
It with joy shall ring.

And when time is gone,
When I am left again
Alover lost, alone,
In my soul it will rain.

Tears of sadness will fill it.
Hope will live inside
Waiting for you return.
Hope in myself shall hide.
-Constance

I think that is fairly appropriate and conveys fairly well things I feel. I like that about poetry. You can let the world know how you feel in a nice flowery way and it's okay because poetry is meant to be at least a little flowery. That is it for today I think. At least, I don't plan on posting again until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

That is beautiful! I always cry when I see stories on the news with soldiers returning to their families. I wish you didn't have the looming 1-year deployment ahead after this happy reunion.

Constance said...

Yeah I cry too! lol! It is okay. I can handle it. It sucks don't get me wrong, but that's okay. I'm not the one going to war. It could be worse.