A potent truth

A potent truth

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flashback!

On that fateful night of trying to spruce up my blog with April, I asked her to look through my poetry and pick one out. Then I ran off without my books and then I had a brand new piece to share so I put off putting up the one she picked out. No more. I will be sharing the poem that April picked out. I personally think she picked it out because it was written about her brother (who can blamer her?) and not because it was all that great.
I wrote it years ago! I am talking at least 7 years if not closer to 8 years. So this is a bit of a flashback for me and a glimps of the old me or the young me rather. Feel free to grin at a poem written by a sixteen year old me. Although, I have stayed with the very man this is written about so maybe I should give myself a little more credit. I suppose it doesn't really matter. The poem is very simple, sweet, idealistic, and honest in a way that only a sixteen year old girl can be. I hope you all enjoy it!

Committed

I know this is not
The ideal love affair,

But my darling,
I do not care.

My love for you
Is strong and true,

I will never leave
Or forsake you.

Life has a much
Happier sheen,

When on your
Love I can lean.
-Constance

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Well that just gave me chills! Wasn't falling in love such a fabulous feeling? :-)

Constance said...

Yeah, falling in love is a fabulous feeling! I sometimes wish that feeling never went away, but it gets replaced with even better things than the "first blush of true love"

April said...

Yes, I picked it out because it had written in pencil at the bottom "For Jacob Paul Brown" with little hearts. Soooo sweet! I love you and I am so happy that you are my sister-in-law! Don't forget about dinner tonight!

Vickie said...

Aww...I love that! You are so talented in the poem arena.....I would like to think that I could right such things but when I take them out of my head and put them on paper they don't come out the same. I pray one day I can be a love bug!

Constance said...

Thanks! I'd like to say that I like most of my poetry, but even when they sound good they usually aren't what I want I was going for. The love bug part will come! lol!