A potent truth

A potent truth

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mystery

I wrote this poem about a dream I had. Ever since I wrote it I wondered what it meant. At first it seemed kind of strange. If you didn't know better you might think I had consumed a hallucinogenic drug. I was kind of hesitant to share it because it is a little strange and I wasn't sure of how it would be recieved. While I was talking to April a little while ago I told her about it and she said she would like to read it and I figured since she wanted to read it and my weirdness is bound to come out sooner or later I might as well go ahead and share it.
I really did dream this though and I have come to the conclusion that this is my subconscious' image of God. He holds the whole universe and He is the universe. He has everything and is everything. That is what I have come up with, but you are free to form your own opinion.

Dream visions

I drempt of a man
When I was young.
He carried the world
In His shirt pocket.

The stars lived
In His shining eyes
And the moon was
His glowing smile.

The universe sat
Upon His strong brow
And the sun shone
From all about Him.

I fell from
The sky
Into those eyes
And into His face.
-Constance

There you go, my dream's God. It's full of imagery and it is a little strange. Let me know what you think it is... or if you just agree.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Interesting! I dreamed of God once as an orange mist that was in the shower. But I *knew* it was God in my dream. I woke up with my heart pounding. So I wonder what my subconscious' image of God is. Isn't it nice to know that someone is weirder than you? ;-)

Constance said...

Lol! An orange mist? Well, to each their own. It is comforting to know I'm not the only one that has had a weird dream about God though.