A potent truth

A potent truth

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yay me!

Yay me! Here I am making my second entry! Of course, I have have spent all morning deciding which one of these I feel comfortable putting up. It is a lot harder than I had first thought it would be to share something so personal as your own poetry. That is not to say I thought it was no big deal, I just wasn't anticipating the amount of anxiousness that comes with putting them up and letting them go. They are very private things and I am on here making them very, very public things. I begin to wonder how people handle publishing their work. It must be torture!

The poem I am sharing today is actually several years old. I can't remember what was going on at the time, but apparently I was feeling philosophical, a little optimistic, and a whole lot of naive. Still I liked it when I re-read it so I hope you do too!

Velvet Curtain
The darkness falls
Like a black vlevet curtain
Covering the world's deeds,
Both noble and vile.
So the naked irises of everyday people
Won't know the difference when faced with them.
I consider our love,
While cloaked in this velvet disguise.
Shouldn't love penetrate
The thick material of mortal blindness
Like the stars in the black sky?
Shouldn't hate be punctured in random regions?
So much pain and anger consume our race
Like so many arms of black tar
Drowning hope in the mortal space.
Filling innoccent eyes with darkness.
Not knowing how to see
Or the light to make them free.
Shouldn't we shine a little brighter,
Give these blinded hope for loves starry light?
Show them creation and those created to love.
Like that effulgent star; the sun
Coming over the horizon with its life giving warmth.
-Constance
Well, there you have it. Let me know what you think!

No comments: