A potent truth

A potent truth

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My weirdness... or craziness maybe?

This is another poem of mine that like the last one is just strange. Unlike the last one this one I can't make any sense of and I wrote it! The writing of this poem was a little odd too. Usually I write because I have something to say about something or to give myself an emotional outlet. This was not the case at all with the writing of this one. I was actually in a poem writing mood and had written several poems over the course of a few days and I was just sitting around reading them over when suddenly I felt the need to write. This is what came out. I have read it over and over and I still have no clue where it came from or what it's about, other than there is a somewhat creepy woman and my ever present theme of night. (I like night in case you haven't noticed.) If anybody deciphers the surreal weirdness of this poem let me know. It would be nice to understand my own freaking poem!



She wandered out
Into the obsidian night
Illuminated only by stars,
By the burning moonbeams of light.

Casting mad hazy shadows
Round and round on the ground
Arms flung abover her head
reaching wildly for the sky.

A silvery dark goddess
In the untamed beauty of
The mysterious nocturnal world,
Drawing you unerringly in.

And how can a mere man,
One such as yourself,
Be expected to resist such?
Her otherworldly grace?

Her silvery grey eyes,
Looking so much like
Her night time dance partner,
The grey moonlight?

She is the night siren
Inspiring the world
And the stories men write
And their dreams at night.

Beauty, grace, passion,
Light and dark, untamed heart,
A dream of the most ethereal
She embodies the night you feel.
-Constance

You got the creepy woman and night right?

4 comments:

April said...

dude, I don't know. I can't interpret poetry or art, but I like the way it sounds :-)

Constance said...

Well at least you like reading it. That counts for something, especially since its undecipherable.

Mandi said...

Well I don't know what it means, but I sure do like it. Is she really creepy, or just wild and free and mysterious? I think I like her, but I would probably watch her from a distance!

Constance said...

I don't know, maybe she is wild and free and mysterious, but see even you would watch her from a distance. There is something a little eerie about her. I don't know what makes her see that way. I think it, may be the whole undertone of the poem itself.